Customers looking for a thick, green, weed-free lawn should start with fertilization service.
A proper fertilization program is essential in ensuring a healthy lawn. We offer a six-step program to keep your lawn green and disease-free all year. The Lawn Ranger is the only lawn fertilization company in the tri-county area to require each technician to be state-licensed.
Each application consists of weed control (as needed) and fertilizer. Other companies fail to apply weed control during every application. The Lawn Ranger uses granular slow-release fertilizer to help your lawn maintain its color until the next application. Each application is five to six weeks apart, coinciding with the amount of time that it takes weeds to germinate.
- The first application includes weed control, fertilizer, and a crabgrass preventer.
- The second application includes weed control, fertilizer, and a crabgrass preventer which is applied around the edges of your driveway, walkways, and curb areas. Other companies do not apply an extra treatment of crabgrass preventer.
- The third application includes weed control (as needed) and fertilizer.
- The fourth application includes weed control, fertilizer, and a post-emergent for crab grass. Other companies may not apply a post-emergent.
- The fifth and sixth application consists of weed control (as needed) and fertilizer.
Weed control is an integral component of fertilization. Our weed control program stops weeds from ruining yards by killing and controlling them before they mature. It is important to note that we use a slow-release product to help prevent nitrogen burn, a common problem during periods of high temperatures and lack of rainfall.